Formally known as 'Let's Get Shabby' since 2009.
Times have changed and many of us have found our styles have too.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Introducing Shabby Chic Chimene

I'm Chimene Vink. Married with Dirk. Mother of Jordi (15 years) and Annemijn ( 3 years).
We live in a beautiful small Village in the Netherlands.
I started scrapbooking in the summer of 2007 but it looks like I've scrapped all my life. I think I've made something like 300 layouts and a lot of mini albums. My favorite size is 12 x 12.
My mother has a lot of old family photos and when I started with these photos I discovered that Iwas in love with the vintage/ Shabby chic style.
Before my scrapping life I painted old furniture and decorated children rooms.
My other passion is photograpy. My kids are my favorite subject. But I also love to take photos of old buildings and all the treasures of the nature.
I'm a designer for a Dutch scrapbook magazine: Creatief met Foto's.
The articles are always vintage and Schabby chic.
When I was ask to be a design team member of Let's get Shabby I didn't have to think a minute about it. This is the perfect place for me: My home is shabby, my artwork is Shabby, the little dresses for my daughter are Shabby, I dream Shabby, I love Shabby!!
I'm so happy to be on the Shabby Chic team. Can't wait to work with the other talented girls:) And see all the beautiful creations you girls are going to make with the challenges!!!!

You can see more of Chimene's work on her blog The art of a dutch Vink.

Welcome to the Shabby Chic team Chimene.

15 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Love these, just breathtaking!!!! Can't wait to see more! :)

Unknown said...

Yay, Chimene!!! One of the sweetest women I've "met" :) Her work is stunning, too, yes?

mandysea said...

Just pure eye-candy!!
Ooooh Chimene soooo happy to have you here at shabbby!!

Anonymous said...

You ladies are so inspiring...so many ideas in your work..love it..love it!!

Deb said...

Hi! Chimene.....your work is stunning. Just amazing. Sooooo looking forward to seeing more of your creations.

BecM said...

Wow!!!
I can't wait to see more of your gorgeous work!! Amazing and inspirational!

Shimano (aka Christine) said...

This creations are absoluting astounding.
xxx

Jenneke said...

Hi Chimene,
I'm so happy and proud you are part of our team!!!! I adore your work, there's always so much so see at your layouts!!
We're going to have a great time at Let's get Shabby, I'm sure!!

Rianne said...

Go for it!

Soraya said...

Hi Chimene,
I really love you're work (didn't I say that a hundred times already... :-)) But I really mean it, and you're definitely a Shabby Queen!
Keep up the great work!
Hug, Soraya XXX

Unknown said...

Good luck girl...let them see ...how amazing stuf you make.
byebye,Lean

Julie said...

Welcome to the shabby team Chimene

Lea said...

oh Chimene, just beautiful! And thanks for sharing your talent with us Aussie girls.Some gorgeous products there too. love the little paper gilies.

Lea said...

oops that should be 'girlies'! love the keys as well.

marije said...

yes yes yes, you go girl!!!