We must apologise for the lateness of this one. We had planned on putting it up last week before the Easter break but issues with emails bouncing back to Ruth and didn't get them in time so keep this stunning Easter idea from Ruth in mind for next year.
To make these eggs you will need.
-Paper Mache or foam eggs.
-White gesso, pastel paints, Mod podge and glue
-Selections of ribbons, flowers and tags etc
-Distress crackle paint and fine glitter
To make the eggs
1. Apply a layer of white Gesso to the eggs to act as a base, especially if using the foam eggs
2. Apply 2 coats of pastel coloured acrylic paints
3. Add complimentary colour of Distress Paint onto the top half only or some glue and glitter then leave to dry.
4. Glue ribbon or pearl trim around the sides of the egg. You may choose to glue some ribbon across the center of the egg before gluing the sides.
5. Arrange a small bouquet of contrasting or complimentary flowers and glue onto the center of the egg. I also used some Vintage paper images underneath the paper flowers.
6. Finish with a ribbon bow and a small tag adorned with words or images.
Bit late but just HAD to share these beautiful eggs and we hope that they have inspired you to make up some of your own for next years Easter holidays.