Formally known as 'Let's Get Shabby' since 2009.
Times have changed and many of us have found our styles have too.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

HEART TUTORIAL


This month I will be sharing with you all the few simple steps I used to make my heart.

Materials.

Love heart doilies
Patterned paper
Assorted flowers and charms
Ribbon and pearl string
Adhesive

Step one.
Stick one love heart doily onto your paper and cut around it leaving a slight boarder.


It wasn't until after I had stuck mine down and embellished it that I realized I had used two doily layers but I didn't worry about it as it gave my heart a more ruffled effect. If you are using two you will need to add some tape between the two layers.

Step two.
Embellish the front.


Once embellished to your liking attach the pearl string to the bottom under the doily. I used a stapler and added it before adding the back so that it was hidden.

Step three.
Attach your heart to a second piece of patterned paper and using the first one as a guide trim off the excess.


Add another heart to the back and then punch a hole through the top and add the ribbon.



If you do give this tutorial a try please link up your creation to this post so that the shabby girls and I can pop in and leave you some shabby love.

There is still plenty of time to enter into the current wedding themed challenge. You can check out all the details here.






9 comments:

moreshine said...

Very nice! =)

Jenny said...

How gorgeous Julie... love all the layers and texture... romantic sweetness...

Hugs
Jenny x

Jan Hennings said...

very pretty!

Kerri said...

thanks for this wonderful tutorial!
so easy and so beautiful!
will be having a go at making one of these!
love your blog!
Kerri x

Kerri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kerri said...

sorry link didnt work!!
I made one and it is one my blog if your would like a peek! thanks for the tutorial!
kerri x
http://www.myscrapnaddiction.wordpress.com

Donna said...

A very sweet idea!!!

Scrappegal said...

LOVELY!!!!!! <3

Annette said...

Stunnig, thanks for sharing!!
xoxo Annette