Formally known as 'Let's Get Shabby' since 2009.
Times have changed and many of us have found our styles have too.

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Mandy's 'What Is Old Is New' Kit Booklet Step-By-Step

.
How gorgeous is this lovely kit from WIOIN!!!
Mel from What Is Old Is New has created this special Vintage Embellishment kit just for Let's Get Shabby, and is her favourite vintage embellie kit so far, it has the most stunning fabric and the most amazing 1950's Vintage Polish Comprehension book page as well as all the other goodies!
.
And here's how you can make it up!
(my colours are darker as they were photographed at night) The extra you will need is the cardboard, string, piece of plain paper, and alpha.
Click on photos to enlarge for better viewing
.
WIOIN BOOKLET COVER
.
And here's how its made:
.
.
STEP ONE Using a bit of cardboard 32x23cms, and fold in half.
Trim and glue the fabric from the kit onto the cardboard
.

.
STEP TWO

Make sure by folding it over that there is enough 'give' in the fabric so it can close okay.
.
.
STEP THREE

Using a sheet of paper (I've used a piece from Basic Grey's Two Scoops) to make an inside cover and ink the edges to give it a nice finished look and stick it to the cover.

.
STEP FOUR

Use some string by doubling it over to wind around the booklet and tie the chipboard ket to it.
.
.

STEP FIVE

Before I glued in the main picture page, I photocopied a couple of the pictures a little bit larger onto photo paper and sat them aside to use on the front cover later. Then, fold an almost 1cm crease down the page and glue down that 1cm fold only so the page can flip over.
.
.
STEP SIX Using the same technique, glue in your other bits and pieces, including a the card on the inside left cover and the prescription piece.
.
.
STEP SEVEN
Add the little stamps, photo/s and alphas
And of course journal away in the smaller leaflets (which I havent done yet!)
.
.

STEP EIGHT
The cover
Arrange your photocopied pics, flower, button, tags and ribbons
to suit. My arrangement is my interpretation of Julie's sketch in the previous post!
.

I hope you will enjoy making up your booklet!
.


ALSO
Dont forget that Challenge Four closes
20th October (Sydney Aust time)
The winner will receive a 2 month subscription including free post to WIOIN's Main Vintage kits that are released on the 1st of the month!

xx

19 comments:

Julie said...

love seeing the steps you took to make your great booklet Mandy.

Anonymous said...

this is a great idea! love it!

LaBonita said...

Awesome project!

Blondeone said...

cannot wait to get started on mine I placed an order last week but havent recieved it yet hopefully it will arrive before the weekend :-)
the book does like great

Unknown said...

Wow Mandy, realy great! Thanks for sharing...i might use it on one of my projects!
But first challenge #4!
I'll place my entry this weekend i think.

Be blessed!

Tanya said...

Just awesome!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks!!!!

Timcso said...

Beautiful work, great idea!!:) Thanks!

Jenneke said...

Thanks Mandy, for sharing this with us!!
LOVE your booklet!

XXXJenneke

Lesley Edmonds said...

Thanks so much Mandy for sharing how you created your little book. It's lovely.
Lesley x

Scrappiness said...

Such an inspirational project! Thanks Mandy for sharing this with us!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely booklet.
bye bye,Lean.

Deb said...

Thanks for sharing Mandy.....I have my kit so hope to get to it soon.

Yatie Tajudin said...

That is beautiful. I love the vintage look!! Thanks for the step by step, Mandy!!

Unknown said...

Wow, beautiful !

Anonymous said...

Stunning work love the booklet Mandy and cant wait to get started on challenge .

Pia said...

wow what a beautiful book, lovely details and colours

Marjolijn van Elsberg said...

I really love this project

Megs said...

Wow Mandy I love your book! Your kit inspired me so much I used it for this months challenge.
www.studiomcreations.wordpress.com/2009/10/19/lets-get-shabby/

Lauren said...

I'm not sure how I stumbled across your blog (I get a little crazy in my surfing sometimes, lol)... but I love this little "book!" Thanks for sharing and the inspiration!